- Take the PSAT.
- Attend Fall College Night.
- If you are considering entering a branch of the military or would like additional assistance with career planning, take the ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery) when it is offered at your school. The school counselor will be able to give you the date that the ASVAB will be administered at your school.
- Attend meetings with college representatives at your high school and plan follow-up campus visits to the colleges in which you are most interested.
- Talk with your counselor about the advisability of SAT/ACT preparation courses.
- In the spring, take the SAT Reasoning Test and/or ACT college entrance exams.
- Students please note a change in school policy: AP, SAT and/or ACT scores are not included on high school transcripts. When you register to take a college entrance exam, make sure to identify the post- secondary institutions that you would like to receive copies of your test scores. You will be able to identify up to four at no charge, and any requests beyond this number will result in a minimal fee. The testing organizations (College Board and/or ACT) will send the test results directly to the schools that you have identified.
- If your prospective colleges require SAT Subject Tests, work with your counselor in planning the best time to complete these tests.
- Review your progress towards meeting the eligibility criteria for the Florida Bright Futures Scholarship Program.