- All sophomores will take the PSAT (Preliminary Scholastic Assessment Test). However, only junior year scores are eligible for the National Merit Scholarship competition, the sophomore testing gives a student a good idea of what to expect from the SAT, helps to identify strengths and weaknesses, and helps counselors and teachers advise students.
- Attend Fall College Night.
- Check with your school counselor to make sure your courses fit the program you wish to follow through high school – college prep, tech prep, or vocational.
- Work with your school counselor and the career advisor in order to continue with planning for work, a technical program, or college.
- Continue learning more about the college and career exploration internet sites available.
- Make sure to revise and update your Four Year postsecondary plan.
- Review your progress towards meeting the eligibility criteria for the Florida Bright Futures Scholarship Program at www.floridastudentfinancialaid.org.