Number of Awards: Varies
Minimum GPA: 3.0
**Scholarship application deadline extended to 4/30/20**
Each academic year, the Sarasota Orchid Society awards scholarships of $1,000 to one or more high school seniors or college students from Sarasota or Manatee County with a declared major in the study of horticulture, botany, environmental science, landscape design or other natural science subjects.
To be eligible for the Sarasota Orchid Society Scholarship, applicants shall:
1. Have been a resident of Florida for at least one year preceding the academic year for which application is made.
2. Be enrolled in a Sarasota or Manatee County High School as a full time student or enrolled as a college student with legal residence in Sarasota or Manatee.
3. Declare a major in the natural science fields of study listed above.
4. Submit 2 letters of recommendation; one from a staff member of the applicant’s current school and one from a person unrelated to the applicant (copy of emailed letter of rec acceptable)
5. Submit a resume of extra-curricular activities, honors, leadership, job experience, and non-school activities and community service.
6. Submit a statement explaining your interest in earning a degree in a natural science field.
7. Submit a transcript (unofficial accepted) with an 3.0 unweighted Grade Point Average or more, including SAT and/or ACT scores.
8. Return the application by April 30, 2020 to: Barbara Delgato, Chairperson of the Scholarship Committee email: email@example.com or FAX: 941-953-5736
Address: P.O. Box 19895
City, State: Sarasota, FL